6/9/10

DC Capital Striders 8K with Back on my Feet




Last week, the Nation's largest running group, the DC Capital Striders held the 2nd annual 8K run in the Capital Crescent Trail.  The race raised $3000 for Haiti Relief efforts.


What was really neat about this race was that there were 18 runners from Back on My Feet.  BOMF gives the homeless a second chance to regain control of their lives. 


Back on My Feet is not a handout; it is about partnerships and seeing ourselves in others. While running and training, the homeless and the trainers support and challenge each other to strive higher.  I am motivated and inspired.  They, the men from BOMF, are helping me further understand, negotiate, innovate so that I can better navigate life: RUNIN DC.


Please read the November 2009 post on BOMF coming to DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment