12/10/09

Danny Cahill is the Biggest Winner


Reflecting

It wasn't long ago -- Last July, I had the honor to do some calisthenics with Danny Cahill and spend some quality time chatting about life and life's goals when the reality TV show came to DC to film. Link to July blog At that time Danny had already lost a hefty 80 pounds and was very optimistic about the rest of program and how much he could potentially lose. I was excited for him, but knew that he had a long and painful road ahead.

I knew that Danny would make a strong and substantial impact on my life, but never this huge.


Understanding

Last night while flipping through channels, I was extremely pleased and wonderfully surprised to see that Danny won the Biggest Loser Contest. Danny had shed a record 239 pounds, a record for the series.

Needless to say, I am flabbergasted! Although he is now a totally different man, I'm sure he is just as spirited and driven as he was back in August, if not more so.

Negotiating
I was just in the right place at the right time. I was running by -- already on my feet for five hours -- decided to do one more pass by the Washington Monument. That's when I ran into Danny.

Inspiring

I always knew Danny would do well, but never thought that he would be the one to lose the most amount of weight. I couldn't wait for the show to air in Sept and followed him -- in many ways he had become my inspiration to run a half Iron in Cancun.

Navigating

One of my favorite quotes from Grey's Anatomy: "Once in a while, people will surprise you, and once in a while they may even take your breath away."

No comments:

Post a Comment