8/23/10

The Five Senses of Tapas

"Tiene usted Tapas?"
There's something romantically divine about Spanish tapas.  I don't know if it's the succulent taste, the exquisite Mediterranean touch, the Spanish, romantic feel of the whole setting,  Hearing the fruity crunch of the almonds in my gazpacho salad, or the delicious smell floating over my pan-seared scallops, stimulating my sense of smell.

Whatever it is, I love it when exquisite food stimulates my five senses.

Such is the taste of Tapas.  Such is the taste of Tapas at Jaleos, at La Tasca, or at any number of exquisite tapas restaurant in DC.

We were here for Restaurant Week -- a wonderful creation by Cultural Tourism, and an excellent opportunity for a cultural foodie like me to be adventurous and explore.

At Jaleos, not only was the food out of this world, but the service was hospitable.  Our waiter was not only attentive but knowledgeable and took the time to explain the different variations of tapas.  Whatever he said sounded elegant.  I didn't remember a word -- I just wanted to dive in.  But his eclectic explanation definitely made the food more interesting.

"Tiene usted Tapas?"

No comments:

Post a Comment