11/24/10

Gobble, Gobble, S.O.M.E.

Ok, here are my plans for Thanksgiving. No, I'm not gonna be w/ family and friends. I love them, and they will always be there for me the rest of the 364 days of the year.  Today, I'm gonna blow them off and make new friends instead.  Or else I'm not eating.  And to me, that means a painful death.



FAST: Skip Breakfast.  Yes, not eat NOTHING.  No bread, no banana.  Nothing but coffee (or else I won't be awake) and liquids.

RUN
0800: Participate, film, interact during the 40th Anniversary TG Day Trot for Hunger @ W Potomac Park

Bike
For every person I meet who tells me about their experiences with So Others Might Eat (SOME) and the extent of their support for this charity, I will then either run 1 mile, bike 1 loop (3.5 miles) or SUP (15 mins).

SUP (Stand Up Paddle)
Then I will SUP from W Potomac Park to Navy Yard and back the number of times necessary to complete the challenge.

Wash up, then head straight to the SOME Soup Kitchen on 71 O St, SE to help serve Thanksgiving dinner.  Yes, I want to eat my first meal of the day w/ my new friends.  And I want to catch their impressions of what this day means to them.

Then head home to put together the footage from today's events including from the family meal to post to recognize the hard work and dedication of everyone involved.  Everyone has a story, and tomorrow I will have an ear for them.

Then for the rest of the day, I'll just spend the quiet evening w/ my bird.  No friends, No Football.  No Turkey.   They will all be there for me tomorrow and some...  And they will all eventually wish that they were not.

No comments:

Post a Comment