7/26/09

Prague -- MY Quest to Enter the Golden City


The next major city will be Prague. I plan to be there around 3
August (sooner if I decide not to make a side trip to a small border town to Copenhagen). Yes, I would like to run across the border from town to town.

At any rate, I will keep everyone informed via http://twitter.com/runindc


Prague is the capital and largest city of the Czech Republic and has been the political, cultural, and economic center of the Czech state for more than 1,100 years.

The extensive historic center of Prague has been included in the UNESCO list of world heritage sites. The Prague castle is the largest medieval castle in the world. Prague is also known as the "mother of cities', "city of a hundred spires" and the "golden city".

I guess I will find out why. But before we go, I want to ensure readers that this blog is not a simple travelogue. It is a portal of inspirational stories, reflections on current events that affects personally and universally and relevant lessons in life.

Why I Blog?

About a year ago, I started my this blog. At the first look, one would surmise that my blog is narrowly focused since the name implies that it deals with the sport of running in a specific location: the Washington DC beltway.

However, the topic of my blog expands beyond basic athletic training and preparation. My modus operandi consists of observing my environment and the people around me and taking the time to “smell the roses.” That means that during my run, if I stumble upon something interesting or see something that grabs my attention, I stop, listen and learn.

These experiences and the stories I hear from other people is what I will reflect upon and share with others through my written blogs and video messages.

Earlier this spring, I made trips to Orlando and Boston. I decided then to expand the area covered to not just the DC but to anywhere on earth where my feet feels the urge to run free.

Though running is a sport that gets me access to stories through meeting people, seeing events or encouraging reflection, my blog consists of reflections on life, lessons learned, and explores how we can best apply current events and present circumstances to our lives so like running, we can always find ways to get faster, stronger, healthier and thus happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment